You asked for it, so you’ve got it!
• • • •
Here is one of our favourite pancake recipes, oh, and they just so happen to be vegan too! Enjoy!
• • • •
You Will Need (for 8 pancakes):
– 1/2 cup wholewheat flour
– 1/2 cup unsweetened almond/ soy milk (you may need a bit more depending on cosistency)
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1tsp Natvia
– 1tsp melted coconut butter (you can use coconut oil if you can’t find that – we use Coconut Merchant)
– 2tsp maple syrup (optional)
– orange zest (optional)
– choc shot (optional)
1. Combine flour, baking powder and natvia, leaving a space in the centre of the bowl.
2. Pour in the milk, melted coconut butter and maple syrup, if using.
3. Mix thoroughly until mixture is combined and runny (add in orange zest at this point if using).
4. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat; add a bit of coconut butter until there is a thin but even coating over the pan.
5. Add the mixture around 2 dessert spoons at a time, waiting until the bubbles appear on top (after around a minute) before flipping over with a spatula. You may need to replenish the oil halfway through.
6. For ours, we made 4 pancakes like this then stirred around 2tsp choc shot (the orange flavour) into the remaining mixture so the remaining pancakes were chocolate flavour!
Layer up the pancakes alternating between regular and chocolate and serve with banana slices and toppings of your choice.
• • • •
Tag us in your photos if you give these batboys a try!