This is a quick and easy recipe with ingredients that you will probably have at home right now! So definitely a must try 😉
You will need:
– 250g oats
– 2 very ripe bananas
– 2 tbsp peanut butter
– 2 tbsp coconut oil
– 2 tbsp coconut sugar
– 4 chopped dried dates (optional – could use chocolate chips instead…or both)!
– 2 tbsp vegan vanilla protein powder ( you can omit completely if you don’t have any)
1. Melt the peanut butter and oil in a saucepan over a low heat.
2. Mash the bananas thoroughly before adding in the peanut butter + oil mixture.
3. Combine all dry ingredients (oats, protein powder and coconut sugar)
4. Add in the banana mixture and mix thoroughly before stirring in the chopped dates and the vegan chocolate chips if you’re adding them 😉
5. Spread into a lined baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180 C | 350 F for 20-25 minutes until golden and crispy.
6. To top, melt 1 tbsp of peanut butter – drizzle half over the flapjacks, stir in 1/4 tsp cacao powder and drizzle over the rest! Leave to cool, cut into squares and enjoy!
And as if that recipe wasn’t easy enough, here’s a how-to video!
• • • • •
Let us know if you give these a go by tagging us @fresheather!