A delicious, easy-peasy breakfast based on the traditional Scottish dessert Cranachan*.
*Traditionally, Cranachan includes whisky but we’ve omitted this as it is a breakfast recipe…. but feel free to include if it takes your fancy!
For this recipe, we used Graham’s Dairy Vanilla Quark – it’s sweet and creamy so perfect for this parfait. For those of you who have never heard of quark, it is basically a soft cream cheese (with a texture and taste somewhere in-between greek yoghurt and regular cream cheese) which is naturally low in fat and high in protein.
This recipe is super easy and takes two minutes to put together. We made our own granola (recipe below) but feel free to use your favourite shop-bought brand!
You will need:
1/3 cup granola (homemade recipe below)
100g Graham’s Dairy Quark
1/2 cup frozen berries (traditionally, raspberries but we used mixed)
Yoghurt to top (we used Graham’s Dairy low fat raspberry yoghurt)
1 tbsp honey/ maple syrup
- Leave the berries to defrost for 10 mins or so before stirring in the honey/ maple syrup.
- Add the granola to a jar/ glass. Top with the Vanilla Quark followed by the berry mixture.
- Add a spoonful of yoghurt. Top with any leftover berries and sprinkle of granola.
• • •
To make the granola, you will need:
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
150g rolled oats
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
3 tbsp flaked almonds
- Heat oven to 150 C.
- Add the wet ingredients to a bowl, stirring together until combined. Mix in the oats, seeds and nuts.
- Prepare a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Spread the granola out into a thin layer and bake in the oven for 30 mins, stirring halfway through.
- Leave to cool for an hour before pouring into an airtight container.
Tag us on instagram @fresheather if you try the recipe! 😉